- Optical Beam Deflection to 20 mrad (>1°)
- Resolution to 20 nrad, Excellent Position Stability
- Ceramic Encapsulated Multilayer-Piezo-Driven Design for Extra Long Lifetime
- Higher Dynamics, Stability & Linearity Through Parallel-Kinematics Design
- Very Fast, Yet Extremely Stable Positioning
- Sub-Millisecond Response
- For Mirrors up to 50 mm Diameter
- Closed-Loop Versions for Better Linearity
- Excellent Temperature Stability
The new additions to the S-330 piezo steering mirror platform series provide for larger deflection angles, yet retain the excellent dynamic properties of the original design. S-330 sytsems are fast and compact tip/tilt units, providing precise angular motion of the top platform around two orthogonal axes. These flexure-guided, piezoelectric platforms can provide higher accelerations than other actuators, enabling step response times in the sub-millisecond range.
Closed-loop and open-loop versions with 3 different tilt ranges up to 10 mrad (20 mrad optical deflection) are available.
Advantages of S-330 Fast Steering Mirror Platforms
Compared to stacked, (two-stage), mirror scanners, the parallel-kinematics design provides symmetrical dynamic performance in both axes with faster response and better linearity in a smaller package.
The single pivot-point design also prevents the drawback of polarization rotation, which is common with stacked systems, e.g. galvo scanners.
Datasheets & Additional Information
>> S-330 Online Datasheet
>> S-330 PDF Datasheet
>> Piezo Steering Mirror Introduction
>> Selection Guide Piezo Steering Mirrors
>> Fast Piezo Steering Mirrors for Astronomical Applications
S-330 fast steering mirror tip/tilt platforms provide deflection angles of 4, 10 and 20 mrad