Introduction to Ultrasonic Motors
Technical Paper: Development of a Miniature Piezo Motor
- True Linear Motor Slide / No Rotary Conversion Losses
- Extremely Fast: Velocity up to 200 mm/s
- Travel Range 2 mm,
- Cost-Effective OEM Drive for High Quantity-Applications
- Preassembled and Mounted on a PCB Board
- Very Compact: Piezomotor Drive is Only 8 mm Long
- Fast Response: Full Stroke in <50 ms
- Force Generation to 0.15 N
- Self Locking at Rest
- Both Miniature Linear Actuator & Miniature Translation Stage (self guided slide)
P-653 PILine® OEM piezo-motor slides are ideal for OEM applications where space is at a premium. These tiny linear positioners can be used to replace classical drive elements like miniaturized motor/spindle systems or other linear motors, which P-653 outclasses with its speed of up to 200 mm/s. PILine® piezo motor linear slide stages offer a number of advantages over classical motor drives:
- Higher velocities
- Smaller design
- High push/pull and holding forces relative to the drive size
Integration of the P-653 motorized piezostage in an application is simple because the moving slider and the piezo actuator are delivered assembled as a unit mounted on a PCB board, incorporating the low voltage drive electronics.
Due to their sterile, non-magnetic, ceramic nature, piezo motor miniature linear actuators work well in medical design applications.
>> P-653 Description / Specs
>> P-653 PDF Datasheet
>> Ultrasonic Motor Overview .
>> Linear Actuator Catalog
Ultrasonic linear motor slides (19 to 50 mm).
P-653 OEM-drive fits nicely on a fingertip.
P-652 (predecessor to the P-653) in motion.
Watch Mini Motor Video Below
The significantly faster P-653 piezo motor can reach velocities of 200 mm/sec.