- Very Stiff for Fastest Settling Time under 5 msec with Microscope Objective
- 20 µm Travel Range
- Compatible with Metamorph™ and other Image Acquisition Software Packages
- Scans and Positions Objectives with Sub-nm Resolution
- Parallel Flexure Guiding for Minimized Objective Offset
- Choice of Position Sensors: Capacitive Direct Metrology (Higher Performance) or Strain Gauges (Lower Cost)
- Outstanding Lifetime Due to PICMA® Piezo Actuators
- QuickLock Adapter for Easy Attachment
Direct Drive for Ultra-Fast Scanning and Positioning
The P-725.xDD microscope objective positioners were designed for extremely fast motion over relatively short travel ranges up to 20 µm. Their ultra-stiff direct piezo drive (1.2 kHz resonant frequency) enables the highest scanning rates and response times of only 5 msecs - essential for time-critical tasks.
Superior Accuracy With Direct-Metrology Capacitive Sensors
Capacitive position feedback is used in the top-of-the-line model. PI's proprietary capacitive sensors measure position directly and without physical contact. They are free of friction and hysteresis, a fact which, in combination with the positioning resolution of well under 1 nm, makes it possible to achieve very high levels of linearity. A further advantage of direct metrology with capacitive sensors is the high phase fidelity and the high bandwidth of up to 10 kHz.
Alternatively compact, more cost-efficient strain gauge sensors (SGS) featuring nanometer resolution are implemented. Absolute-measuring SGS-sensors are applied to appropriate places on the drive train and thus measure the displacement of the moving part of the stage relative to the base.
Datasheets & Additional Information
>> P-725.xDD Online Datasheet
>> P-725.xDD PDF Datasheet
>> More Piezo Stages for Microscopy Applications
>> E-625 Online Datasheet
>> E-625 PDF Datasheet
Tools for Biotech, Microscopy & Imaging (PDF Catalog)
P-725.CDD direct-drive version for high-dynamics focusing. Shown with a E-625 Controller