PI is growing continously. A worldwide unique variety of drive and positioning technologies gives us wide access to progressive and continually changing markets. To help us achieve our ambitious corporate goals, we are looking for you to support our technology center magnetic drives and systems at Karlsruhe as a Development Engineer [m/f/d].
- You will develop mechatronic positioning systems with electromagnetic drives – individual axles as well as serial and parallel kinematics – from modeling and dynamic simulation through to functional models, prototype commissioning, qualification, tuning, and measurement technology.
- You will devise new technical concepts and translate these into solutions for the field of nanopositioning – drive technology in particular – in a global environment.
- You will develop customer-specific solutions in interdisciplinary and international teams and are prepared to take on the responsibility for technical project management.
- You will document the new things you learn and discover in the field of applied technologies, and share this knowledge with your colleagues.
- You will represent the department during customer visits, as well as at trade fairs, meetings, and conferences.
- You have a degree (Doctor of Engineering/Master of Science/Bachelor of Engineering) in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Cybernetics, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics.
- You have several years of experience in the modeling, simulation, commissioning, and measurement of motion systems.
- You combine your understanding of electronics and control engineering with your knowledge of the influence of mechanics on the performance of a motion system.
- You are an organized and scientific worker with an affinity for practical tasks.
- You are characterized by your team spirit and open-mindedness, as well as a creative, goal-oriented, and methodical way of working, and communication in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- You have a very good command of English.