Our system integration facility in Hopkinton MA has an immediate opening for a Precision Grinding Technician. This is full time regular position with benefits. Schedule: Monday to Friday, (roughly) 7:00 am-3:30 pm.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in precision surface grinding to very stringent dimensional and flatness tolerances. This is a direct hire.
Description & Key Responsibilities
You will be primarily responsible for flat grinding components used in our air bearing product line.
- Precision flat grinding operations using surface grinders (Okamoto) to high precision tolerances.
- Single piece prototypes to low volume production.
- Performing in-process and final inspection on parts and verifying that all print tolerances and specifications are met.
- Ability to operate independently and process parts from prints is a must.
- Maintaining compliance to production schedules, cost requirements and performance specifications.
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced machinist looking to broaden their skills to include precision grinding or an entry level candidate with some precision machining / manufacturing experience (ie. internship or coop).
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Required: Experience with machining and grinding concepts and strategies.
- Required: Read and accurately interpret blueprints and related work instructions.
- Preferred: Have experience operating surface and cylindrical grinders
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of grinding fundamentals (gained through experience and training)
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have strong working knowledge of advanced manufacturing concepts and strategies (gained through experience or training)
- Possesses good math skills
- Work self-sufficiently with minimal supervision
- Can read and understand blueprints and work instructions
- Develop machining or grinding processes including designing and building fixtures and setups
Important for all applicants:
The following are the traits we want all candidates to bring to our company. You can expect to find this throughout our workforce.
- Curious and lifelong learner about new technology, science, and new ideas.
- Honest, trustworthy, and independently motivated.
- Possessing a strong work ethic and desiring a career.
- Ability to work in a highly functioning, independent workplace that values appropriate initiative and creative problem solving.
- Values and practices kindness to others.
If these things describe you, please make sure we know about it during the selection process. We do read cover letters so feel free to include a short description in your application or reach out separately.
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Human Resources and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our internal Human Resources team. Your respect for this process is appreciated. PI does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and any resumes received will be ineligible for referral fees. This is a direct hire. No agencies at this time, please no solicitations.